[PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrator Welds

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 1 21:40:05 EDT 2023

 Reviewing ABS or ASME steel vessel rules may shed some light on the issue.  My understanding is that anything two inches or less requires only fillet welds.  The rule may actually be a ratio to the hull diameter rather than a specific number, however I do believe your 30mm penetrator is perfectly safe with fillet welds.
Jon