[PSUBS-MAILIST] YouTube guy bought a 1998 Sport Sub

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 30 17:14:00 EDT 2022

The saga continues!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdaNGLcIous

While the guy's attitude is perhaps closer to a cavalier showman than a
cautious psub operator, I'm genuinely interested in his videos. Several
years ago I purchased a Sportsub hull (directly from IVC I might add) with
the aim of building a Sportsub piecemeal in the garage. But pretty soon I
lost all support from the manufacturer. They first told me they didn't have
the parts in stock, but when I offered to pay upfront and wait for the
parts on backorder, they quit returning my emails / phone calls altogether.
I was very disappointed that I was 'blacklisted' but with my limited
technical abilities there was little hope of completing the project, so I
ended up selling the fiberglass hull. Anyway, I'm always been interested in
these subs so I'm following his videos to see what I can learn.

Someday I hope to check out Tim's Sportsub in person... it's a prime
example of the machine! ~ Douglas S.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 2:35 PM Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <