[PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth Sounder

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Mar 29 20:38:28 EDT 2021

 Yes.  I want everything (or as much as possible, realistically) on my primary display and feel that I really only need a digital numerical representation of depth rather than the functionality of a fishfinder or side-scan sonar.  However, some traditional fishfinders have a NMEA output that can feed other displays/instruments.  It may turn out that such a fishfinder is an appropriate solution and in fact cheaper than a transducer specific to my needs.  However the question would still remain, what is the reach of the sounder in a real world application.
Jon