[PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth Sounder

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Mar 29 20:29:34 EDT 2021

 Just did a calculation on the "Under Pressure" program of a 1&1/2" disk of epoxy fibreglass that is 1/4" thick. It is supported with a 1/4" flange so the area the transducer would mate up against would be 1" diameter. I got a result of 2,285ft crush depth. Also saw in a transducer instructional that the manufacturers shoot-through-hull transducer with shoot through up to  .75" thick fiberglass.Alan