[PSUBS-MAILIST] Actual Inclinometer Usage Need?

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 15 12:58:51 EDT 2020

My experience has been that it is useful  if you want to cover large
distance and save on batteries as this helps check proper trim.
The simple clinometer with a small rolling ball are so cheap it was a no
brainer.

I was amazed how poor my sense was of feeling the sub inclination when the
sub stood in mid water without external reference. I remember staring at
the clinometer once, thinking the ball must be stuck and give off a wrong
reading before realizing my own sense was off.

Regards
Antoine