[PSUBS-MAILIST] Actual Inclinometer Usage Need?

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 15 15:27:09 EDT 2020

Steve on the Euronaut we have multiple of them on all axis.

One is longitudinal bubble and shows very fine + - 5 °.with less than a
half degree.
We use it during diving to get the boat on a propper even keel periskop
depth - before we dive deeper.
Otherwise we lost energy moving forward.
This is in use on each dive and also to trim the boat stern heavy on the
surface..
Also helpful during refueling the submarine with fuel.

Another one is a weight typ from a russian submarine and in longtidudinal
direction and rough + - 45 °
Only useful during crash dives in front of enemy aircrafts.
(Over 45° we use the handheld Microfonspeaker on a spiral cable of the UHF
radio.)

One is from a sailboat +-15° and to show trim over the beam - and not very
needed.

Two are from the buble globe typ (flat horizontal discs with the bubble in
the center and showing in all horizontal direction the trim.
One of them is in the diver chamber and in use if we want to move the 750
Kg Anchor weight out and in - and very needed.
The anchor weight nloks and goes heavy if the boat is not in all direction
horicontal. Both have +-5° all over the horizont.

On a small sub I would recommend only one : A +-5°  longitudinal simple
bubble typ.
If you are for example 2 degree stern heavy you may will not notice it.
If you drive short over the ground your stern maybe make a lot of mud
clouds.

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----