[PSUBS-MAILIST] Skadoc Question

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 11 05:47:19 EDT 2020

hello James,
funny I asked myself the same question the last few days.

-blue globes are the simplest: rated 15bars I believe. Emile tested them to
even higher pressure without sliding. with 2 on each end you have extra
comfort.
but that would not be class approved as any damage to the cable sleeve and
you will be wet inside the sub.

-Subconn as a high power line. but you have to check the maximum amperage.
would be expensive. and lead time seemed a bit long last time this group
discussed it.

-Epoxy potting in some time of insert. you need nice craft skills I would
think

-Final option: a more elaborate design I used on pilot fish:
 *a delrin sleeve goes into the penetration
*inside runs a brass pin with a shoulder profile to prevent intrusion into
the hull, the pin is glued in the delrin housing, and the cable is soldered
into the pin. A blue globe caps it off so no water gets into the pin area.
*inside the hull you have a delrin ring to isolate the electrical
connection from the hull, then a brass screw covering the brass pin end and
the retaining delring ring. the internal cable can be covered by that screw
too via a crimp.
this could even be more elaborate with orings rather than glue, and a
system to make the inside of the hull water tight as well.

regards
Antoine

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:29 AM James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <