[PSUBS-MAILIST] Skadoc Question

Mon May 11 05:28:26 EDT 2020

Hi All
Continued to work on Skadocs new battery pod this weekend.

I was making good progress until the coolant pump on my lathe broke down.
Its all blocked with sludge.  Not looking forward to cleaning that out....

Anyway, I have a question.  How do you guys think I should take the power
from the pod into the hull?

I found the K350 battery pod electrical through hulls tiresome to make and
fit.  So I want to do it different this time.

Options.

1.  Proper sub conn bulkhead connector.

2.  Pipe fitting with a valve and detachable cables.  In the event of a
leak in the pod, the cables could be pulled clear and the valve closed.

3.  Blue Globe or similar cable glands.  Two on the pod, two on the hull.

Any ideas?  There are pro's and cons of each.

[image: Pod.jpg]