[PSUBS-MAILIST] Magnacom SW-1000-sc Battery

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 21 14:20:19 EST 2020

 David, how are you going with your battery problem. Did a little bit of googling on NIMH batteries & found this.... Unfortunately charging NiMH nickel metal hydride batteries is not as easy to achieve compared to other types of cell or battery. The NiMH cells, like NiCds require charging using a constant current. The rate of charge is normally specified on the case of the cell and this rate should not be exceeded.
It looks to me that the electronics would be a constant current charging circuit. Maybe it has an over voltage cut out. You could possibly leave the circuit out & buy a Nimh charger suitable for 12V & take them out & charge them. Alan