[PSUBS-MAILIST] strain relief fittings

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 16 16:23:28 EST 2020

As mentioned before, I goofed up and welded 7 ss female threaded thru hull
fittings in for the Sealcon strain relief fittings before checking that
they weren't rated for more than 10 bar which has an IP rating of 68.
Since I have a bunch of these already, I plan on using them on the inside
as a backup and going with the Blue Globe as recommended by some on this
forum because they will take the 300 psi that my sub will see.
Since Blue Globe is metric, I will need to machine some short ss stubs with
the proper metric threads and weld them onto the outsides of my NPT thru
hulls so I can take the proper rated fittings.
 I have 4 cables that will have to pass through, 2 @ 4.11 mm, 1 @ 4.87 mm
and three @ 5 mm. Can someone recommend who to call to get these sizes in a
Blue Globe here in the U.S?
Thanks