[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED lights

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 16 15:30:04 EDT 2019

Hi Jon,

Those worked well, but are hard to oil fill without leaving residual air bubbles. Eventually some oil went missing. This is speculation, but perhaps it was forced out by thermal expansion because I didn’t have a proper bladder on them, and instead relied on the flexibility of the big front lens, which is made of thin plastic. It could also have been the seals around the cable, I’m not sure. In any case, my current ones, which are derived from Cliff’s 1-atm design, feel orders of magnitude more robust. For off-the-shelf, Hank’s oil filled light bar looks hard to beat, and I can attest it’s super bright. If you don’t have a lathe, that’s what I’d be looking at.

Best,
Alec

Sent from my iPhone