[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED lights

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 17 01:06:19 EDT 2019

Here is the $2- alternative. ( see photos)
You can run LEDs straight off a power source as long as it is
in the right range & below a certain voltage.
This led is rated 32-36V. It starts to light up dimly at 24V & is bright
enough at 30V. Also keeps a lot cooler running it at a lower voltage.
In the two pictures I have this an 80W led running in the kitchen sink off a
32V bench top power supply. You can see quite a bit of electrolysis
happening with it shorting through the water.
No heat sink is needed in water but they wouldn't last long running out of it.
If you coated the terminals & metal backing plate with resin it may stop
the electrolysis & corrosion. I have pressure tested these emitters as are to
1000 psi.
Alan