[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor Question

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 21 13:29:28 EST 2023

 James,I do not have this problem with the smaller motors, the brushes are at the other end of the motor, opposite the propeller end.  On my DDW, I am using 4X  30 lb thrust motors.  I find with the visibility we have there is no need for faster bottom travel.  I would say being similar in size to your new sub, no more than 50 LB is needed.   I have a video on how to modify them and it takes about 20 min per motor.
I also have 50 lb motors that I actually drilled the motor body and screwed in penetrators with short leads that plug into the brushes.Hank