[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 30 11:05:23 EDT 2023

 According to an article I found the viewport diameter was 53cm which I believe was the outside dimension.  Based upon a video I found with Rush putting his hand up to the inside viewport I would estimate the inside diameter closer to 300mm.  The seat appears conical however the viewport had a convex outside surface.  Hard to say if that means it was just a regular spherical segment with conical seats or a conical viewport with a convex exterior surface.
https://www.insider.com/titan-missing-submersible-photos-interior-exterior-dock-launch-2023-6#the-titans-viewport-measured-21-inches-according-to-oceangate-thats-the-biggest-viewport-of-any-deep-diving-submersible-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkytJa0ghc  (See 0:13 to 0:29)

Jon