[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

Antoine Delafargue via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 30 10:10:39 EDT 2023

Hello Carsten,

for the thickness, I read that the viewport should have been rated for
1300meters depth, so I think that the designer designed for a short term
critical pressure of 5200m/52MPa, and perhaps thought it would be fine
using a 1.3X margin to get to 4000m rather than the 4X margin we can find
in Stachiw book and PVHO rules for low temperatures (to be checked but I
believe it is 4x).

regards
Antoine