[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 29 11:47:46 EDT 2023

I have seen a video how they make the carbon cylinder and can imagine that
the boat imploded in longitudinal direction.
Create a massive shock wave with push the window out (not in). As I saw in
another video the window was hold by only 4 bolts outside.

All titan parts in the video seems undamaged.

Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site
Datum: 2023-06-29T17:27:48+0200
Von: "Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "personal_submersibles at psubs.org" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>,
"personal_submersibles-request at psubs.org"
<personal_submersibles-request at psubs.org>

Interesting that at 1:01 the viewport is obviously not in place.  I would
have thought that for this kind of post accident analysis they would leave
everything intact and as found.  I have to wonder if the viewport was
removed to allow the crane strap to get a firm grip on the tank head or if
that was just a convenience because the viewport blew out.

Jon

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 07:19:51 PM EDT, Jon Wallace via
Raw video: Wreckage from implosion of Titanic-bound sub arrives in Canada
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=458KFQXJ_Zs>

Raw video: Wreckage from implosion of Titanic-bound sub arrives in Canada