[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 28 14:57:36 EDT 2023

The class rules or better common sences engineering rules gives you a way
out.
If you can not full fil the rules it sayed: Do something equal safe.

So the simple question is: If you can not build an hatch in - what will be
equal from a saftey point?

The Titan answer was simple : No hatch.

Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site
Datum: 2023-06-24T19:57:51+0200
Von: "hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

Jon, agreed, I don’t know to what level Karl’s sub meets ABS standards.  I
do know from many conversations with him, that he respects the  engineering
rules.  He has done things I would not, but I am sure that is true the
other way round.    If I felt his sub was unsafe like the experts did with
Titan, then yes, I would suggest taking action.  Have the experts sent
letters to Karl, I wonder.   When I say Karl is mostly to ABS rules, I am
refuting the the pressure hull.  The pressure hull is the issue with Titan
after all.  Titan seemed a nice simple design otherwise.
Hank

Sent from my iPhone

    On Jun 24, 2023, at 11:38 AM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles