[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 24 13:56:55 EDT 2023

Jon, agreed, I don’t know to what level Karl’s sub meets ABS standards.  I do know from many conversations with him, that he respects the  engineering rules.  He has done things I would not, but I am sure that is true the other way round.    If I felt his sub was unsafe like the experts did with Titan, then yes, I would suggest taking action.  Have the experts sent letters to Karl, I wonder.   When I say Karl is mostly to ABS rules, I am refuting the the pressure hull.  The pressure hull is the issue with Titan after all.  Titan seemed a nice simple design otherwise.
Hank

Sent from my iPhone