[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 23 08:48:50 EDT 2023

Hi Ala
- the question is not which controller your sub has.
The question is how many paying Guest you have..
vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site
Datum: 2023-06-23T08:39:07+0200
Von: "Alan James via Personal_Submersibles"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
An: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion"
<personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

Hi Doug,
my ambient sub had a game controller controlling speed, steering, ballast &
a few other things. They have been tested and abused by several million
kids. :) . But aside from that I had back up for all those functions so if
it failed the sub still operated. And I am sure Oceangate would have done
the same. ABS & DNV-GL have a principal that no one failure can cause a
catastrophic event. Even though I have heard they weren't certified, they
would certainly have been building to the rules.
All a bit strange as they were only half way to the wreck.
If the hull had have imploded it would have failed at maybe 1/4 of its
crush depth. If power failed they would have gone to the surface, & should
have had surface coms that would work with a back up battery.
Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=nativeplacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000604&af_sub5=EmailSignature__Static_>

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 12:41 am, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles