[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 23 08:38:56 EDT 2023

 I am not at all concerned about using off-the-shelf parts for components that do not require sophisticated specialized equipment and certainly those components that do not have any relativity to hull integrity.  The xbox controller, camper world interior lights, and steel pipe ballast were all reasonable components in my opinion and we could have a lengthy discussion about why, if anyone was really interested.  The press edits interviews and reports to viewers based upon the message they want to portray.  I saw the interview Rush had with David Pogue talking about the xbox controller and Pogue slaps his forehead in a WTF incredulous manner.  I'm guessing the part where Rush justifies the use of the controller and why it's acceptable to use it was edited out because it's much more sensational to leave the viewer with..."this sub goes all the way to the Titanic and uses an xbox controller."
Jon