[PSUBS-MAILIST] Titan submersible missing at Titanic site

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 20 15:43:26 EDT 2023

Hi Doug,my ambient sub had a game controller controlling speed, steering, ballast & a few other things. They have been tested and abused by several million kids. :) . But aside from that I had back up for all those functions so if it failed the sub still operated. And I am sure Oceangate would have done the same. ABS & DNV-GL have a principal that no one failure can cause a catastrophic event. Even though I have heard they weren't certified, they would certainly have been building to the rules.All a bit strange as they were only half way to the wreck.If the hull had have imploded it would have failed at maybe 1/4 of its crush depth. If power failed they would have gone to the surface, & should have had surface coms that would work with a back up battery.Alan
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 12:41 am, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org