[PSUBS-MAILIST] Power sources

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 16 13:55:42 EDT 2023

I had some difficulty in inserting my batteries the other day into the pods
because of how close the battery lugs were to the wall of the pod. I had
built an aluminum tray for the batteries to make it easy to install and
remove them for maintenance and used 1/4" aluminum flat bar to fabricate
them but I had to do away with the trays because of clearance issues and so
even though that only bought me a 1/4" of an inch, I needed all the help I
could get. It also helped in having the battery cables slide over the tops
of the fill caps more easily when attached to the all thread that passes
the power into the sub as they flex and bend when pushing it in after
attaching.

Anyone else that is building a K-350 have that same problem? I welded two
pieces of SS angle in the pods for the trays to slide on and can't remove
them and lower them as they were put in before I welded the ends on. As
they go down, they come together being pipe so I couldn't of gone much
lower with them and still have the horizontal room to fit the batteries.

I also wanted to buy a couple of Psubs stickers that I have seen on other
peoples boats and tried to do that on our web site but I didn't have any
luck finding the store that would have them for sale. Any ideas?

Rick

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 7:20 AM John Bussard via Personal_Submersibles <