[PSUBS-MAILIST] Power sources

J. Foulkes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 2 09:48:49 EDT 2023

I still don't think that is a fair representation.  The Li topology Jon
asked about was Li-ion.  If weight is the single greatest factor then LiPo
would be the hands down winner, one of the greatest problems with Li is the
recharge cycles.  LCO relative to other types is still pretty low for the
cost.  You would honestly be far better off going with something like LTO
for the efficiency or NiMH for the price. The only argument for SLA (AGM)
over something like NiMH is voltage sag, but that sort of discharge rate
can be handled with additional circuitry that still doesn't get anywhere
near the future cost of an SLA based system.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2023 at 9:02 AM hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <