[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thruster

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Feb 8 21:54:31 EST 2023

Sean,thanks, I looked at that item & it says minimum outlet pressure 50psi which will be too much.I would guess in stainless 316 they would be several hundred dollars.The second stage regulators I have been cannibalizing have been between $15 & $30. I am currently trying to find a supplier that can sell me the valve and lever arm on its own.I have 3d printed the body & had 40 diaphragms (minimum order quantity) made up that are rated to 80psi I also have the stainless springs for over-pressure & exhaust port pressure. I am using parts from a bcd over-pressure valve for the exhaust.The body leaked air when printing in pla at 50%, but will print in petg / carbon fibre at 100% & maybe add some resin later. Cost for parts and materials is around $60.An option I am looking at is making the body out of aluminium & using a truck tyre valve instead of the scuba valve. Cheers Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 9 Feb 2023 at 3:20 pm, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org