[PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: VBT pump

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 16 09:41:53 EDT 2023

I second that (getting rid of VBT). I got rid of the VBT in my K250 years
ago to make space and turn it into a 2-person and to try and to
simplify, and it worked so well I never thought of using any other method
on the current sub. The only difference with Cliff's method is that I add
or remove floats, while he uses ballast. But either way, once you have a
reference point for how much ballast/buoyancy you need for a given crew
weight, you just make incremental changes and it never fails. You may be
off neutral by just a few pounds, but if you have vertical thrusters
they're usually just ticking over at slow RPMs to compensate.

Best,
Alec

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 9:30 AM Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles <