[PSUBS-MAILIST] minn-Kota

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 8 21:01:55 EDT 2022

I just put my two Minn-Kota's together and ran them briefly to make sure
that they were wired properly and the potiencometer was working and then
had to take one apart and noticed that one of the wires had the jacket worn
off exposing the stranded wire inside of it.
 I had always been concerned about the armature rubbing on them as there is
almost zero clearance from the lugs that they plug onto until they go
inside the shaft that is sealed with epoxy. Has anyone experienced the same
thing on that particular motor and if so, what was the fix?

Rick