[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 dome advice

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 20 02:55:03 EDT 2022

Phillipe,Greg Cotteral, the dome expert that used to work at Presion Plastics told me it was better to blow the dome short of a full hemisphere because the dome thinned a lot in the blowing process as it approached the full hemisphere. So although you will lose in height & it will be out of round, making it's depth rating less; it will be thicker at the apex. The depth rating is calculated by the thickness at the apex. Pressing is a better process if you can find someone that does that!Cheers Alan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 1:58 am, Philippe Robert via Personal_Submersibles<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:   Hi All,
I have an issue in the making of my k-250 dome. I asked for advice from some members in the past and now I have a new problem. The company that makes my dome cannot blow the dome to the specs (12 in height 24 in wide). So the max height that is acceptable is 9in to avoid the dome breaking when it is formed. So my question is ,is it acceptable to have a smaller height and I was wondering if the pressure rating  of the dome will be ok.
Thanks
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org