[PSUBS-MAILIST] New Asset - Zodiac Cadet 390 Tender

Tue Oct 26 20:00:52 EDT 2021

The other option is the alongside tow, where as Hank pointed out the intent is to actually create a composite unit, with the tow vessel secured alongside but as far aft as possible againt the towed vessel, with lines secured to points at the fore and aft extents on the towed vessel, plus laterally to make the tow rigging effectively rigid. The tow vessel then just acts as a propulsor of the composite. This works well when the tow vessel is small compared to the towed, and has the added advantage of being able to maneouver the composite as though it were a single large vessel, with steerage and reversing, etc.

Sean