[PSUBS-MAILIST] battery pod

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Mar 30 15:35:03 EDT 2021

Here's a drawing as I don't think I could get a real photo that was better.
The only option that I can think of if it would work, short of finding a
battery that was say a 1/2" shorter in height, would be to not use the
aluminum trays and if the battery's are narrow enough to fit between the
horizontal legs of the SS angle, I could just have them sit on the inner
wall of the pod which might solve my problem but then I have the problem of
friction sliding them in but more of a problem pulling them back out when
needed.
I guess I could cut a piece of aluminum plate the width of the batteries
that is the full length of the pod and then maybe install a set of small
rollers on the far end so when I reach in and lift the front end, which
would be very hard due to the weight of the 4 batteries, and start pulling
them all out, the back rollers would lessen the friction? I was planning on
going with the AGM batteries anyway so maybe I can find one that is a
little shorter so I can use my battery tray? I'll start calling some
battery companies to see if I can get one that is a little shorter.
Rick

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 7:49 AM Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles <