[PSUBS-MAILIST] Depth Sounder

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Mar 28 17:03:37 EDT 2021

 Jon, No they can't shoot through steel only fibreglass. I had suggested making a tiny view port witha fibreglass disk in it to attach the transducer to from the inside of the hull. Not sure whether Hank is doing this or just fibreglassing the whole transducer and putting it in the water. I was told by a rep that the shoot - through-Hull transducers can shoot through up to 1/2". I did hear 1"from another source. Just important not to have any air gap or bubbles! Alan