[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-sub hatch o-ring

Sat Jun 12 13:18:26 EDT 2021

Hi Jon

I measured the inside diameter of the hatch O ring groove.

I measured it at 588mm or 23.14"

Its difficult to measure super accurately due to the paint thickness but I
know It was made it exactly to the plans, including the bevel.  I had an
engineering company skim it and put the groove in as I couldnt fit it on my
machine.

The O ring I am using is 0.25" 60D one that I made out of cord.  I went for
60D as opposed to 70 on advice as its easier to crank the hatch down
tight.  I experimented with different cords of very slightly different
thicknesses and then just went for the one I felt was right.  I glued it
together with "special" glue that the company I got the cord from sold me.
Later I discovered that its just superglue if you check the ingredients.

I always take the hatch O ring off after diving to make sure I dont get
corrosion in the groove.

Its the only one ive ever used on the sub and its never leaked, not even a
bit.

Not sure thats much help, but my 1p's worth.

Regards
James