[PSUBS-MAILIST] Original MBT vent?

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 9 15:59:37 EDT 2021

I found this K-600 drawing (see attached image) of MBT vent valve dated March 23, 1976.  Rejected I suspect because it brought a water source into the cabin and offered multiple leak points.  The date listed on the drawing is interesting because even going back to the MK-III vessel which predates VAST, I'm seeing the traditional MBT vent valve outside the conning tower with just the valve stem protruding inside.  Was this something he considered an improvement that was rejected by the Norwegians?  Did it vent faster?  George, you left us with many questions.
Jon