[PSUBS-MAILIST] PEX2022

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Dec 23 09:58:23 EST 2021

 PEX2022 - Lake Charlevoix in Charlevoix, MI
Hello everyone, it's end of year and we've got about 5-6 months to go before this event.  I am planning on sending out monthly updates through February and then getting into some extensive chatter when we get into Spring.  Hopefully this Omicron variant of Covid will be settled by May/June but we will roll with the punches as necessary.  For now, planning will move forward.
PSUBS member Bernie Hellstrom is our local host for this event and is currently looking into hotels, restaurants, and boating facilities.  This is expected to be a diving expedition event with a shallow (50 feet) wreck dive planned and a potential opportunity for a deeper (200+ feet) dive.  While technical sessions are not being planned, I do expect we will have meetings for pre-planning and debriefing of daily dives so we can identify any issues, refine our protocol as necessary, and review any raw video available.
As well, this event presents a good opportunity for interaction with the public through a public display of our vessels.  We welcome submarines that are not dive-ready and/or under-construction since they are always interesting for the public to look at.
Dive operations will be guided by the PSUBS Dive Ops Planning Guide at http://www.psubs.org/guidelines/PSUBS/diveopsplan.pdf and we will be looking for volunteers to fill certain positions as defined in this document.

Submarine Pilots, please review Operating Guidelines for Personal Submersibles at http://www.psubs.org/guidelines/PSUBS/OGPS.pdf   Please note section 2.3 in regards to documentation...I highly recommend you upload your documents to SUBDB.INFO so they are readily available should we need to implement any of your safety procedures.  If your submarine is not currently listed in SUBDB.INFO, email me at jon.wallace at yahoo.com so I can add it.  It's FREE with your PSUBS membership.
Please provide feedback on both PSUBS documents using the PSUBS email based discussion list if you feel we need to make changes/updates to either of them.
One of the more important decisions at this particular time is deciding the event date.  Bernie has suggested end of May as the best time based upon surface traffic and water conditions.  I know some of you have other commitments and potentially kids in school at that time, so let's see if we can come up with a compromise that fits a majority of those that would like to attend.  Please be prepared to make an attendance commitment by February 28, 2022.
Jon