[PSUBS-MAILIST] data

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 6 17:30:17 EDT 2021

 Hi Rick, if you wanted a 2 core wire under .24 (6mm)that is rated for 9 Amps, it might be difficultor close to your maximum size. I did a Google & it's difficult to get specific information like cable diameter & amp rating. I think you'll need around 16 gauge. You will only have a short run & the cables will be in water when on. Most wires have a pvc jacket but there are tephlon coated wires ptfc. Being tephlon they would be more likely to extrude in through a blue globe cable gland (that's my thinking anyway). I am using ptfc in the hull because they have a better fire rating. Maybe head down to a marine chandlery with your calipers. I bought wire off a marine electronics contractor once when desparate. Let us know how you get on? Alan