[PSUBS-MAILIST] psi

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 3 23:45:36 EDT 2021

Hi Rick,

Your understanding is correct, but I'm curious about the flow meter. The
ones I use are designed to work with medical O2 tanks (although I don't
have those tanks in the sub.) Like you, I drop the pressure to 150 over
ambient outside the hull. It is a safety measure, to avoid bringing HP
oxygen inside. If I were using the flow meters as designed, directly on a
tank, they would see variable pressure as the tank empties, so as long as
my outside regulator is supplying O2 at a pressure that is within the range
of a medical tank, they are happy. What I use are pediatric flow
regulators, with a dial to adjust liters per minute. Pediatric ones are
good because they have lower scale flow rates, which are well suited for
the ranges we need in a sub.

Thanks,
Alec

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:15 PM Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles <