[PSUBS-MAILIST] psi

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 3 23:14:04 EDT 2021

Having a brain fart,,,,,, I am knocking down my HP - 02 on the outside of
the sub with an 02 cleaned 1st stage reg which I understand will bring it
into the sub at around 150 psi + - on the surface.  As I understand it,
this 1st stage will always give me around 150 psi over ambient? so is it
safe to assume that at the max operating depth of my K-350, will it be
trying to push in around 320 psi absolute?

everything tells me that it will but the part that I am having a hard time
with is that the 150 psi over bottom is pushing it into a 14.7 psi scenario
so does that change things up? My flow meter is calibrated for a 50 psi
inlet psi. I also have run new rubber 02 hose that I seperated from an
acetylene hose for a burning torch and will have to see if that hose is
rated for that pressure.

 I chose to go that way as I am not a good tube bender. Another scenario I
was thinking of doing if the 1st stage keeps pushing more and more is to
attach a shop 02 regulator just inside the sub that has both the HP and LP
gauges on it and dial down the LP side to put out no more than 50 psi?

Rick