[PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT's

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue May 12 13:48:49 EDT 2020

An excellent solution, Hank., as usual.

Tim

From: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org] On Behalf Of hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:54 AM
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT's

Hi All, Okay I gave up on the bladder MBT idea.  It is just too complicated.  I have come up with an elegant solution.  I am installing two 100 lb propane tank MBT's  pushed back from centre of the sphere.  Now these tanks are heavy and do not lend themselves well to my heavy CT situation.  Except my idea is to put 4 trawl floats inside each tank.  The tanks have lots of volume to spare for such a small sub.  This makes the MBt's positive buoyant. and each tank can still provide 168 lbs of variable lift.  I am also adding a small MBT to the top of the leg tube to prevent erratic tipping.

Hank