[PSUBS-MAILIST] motor oil compensator

Øystein Skarholm via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Mar 25 08:53:08 EDT 2020

A Little air in the compensator does not matter at all. As long as your
compensator is closed, no water will ingress.
Remember, the only need you have for an oil reservoir is to take up any
expansion in the oil caused by heat or change in the compensated
volume (like pushrods going in an out of a compartment) To cerate a slight
overpressure you can use a soft rubber ballow and inflate it a little with
oil so it stretches just enough create an overpressure in the system. To
inflate the bellow - make T connection in the system with a check valve and
insert oil through it.
I use that principle on my ROV where all the electricity is inside an oil
compensated apartment.

ons. 25. mar. 2020 kl. 13:36 skrev James Frankland via