[PSUBS-MAILIST] Thanks Jon - FB moderation

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 22 06:35:36 EDT 2020

 FB has it's benefits and complements our website/mailing list.  I agree photos and videos (along with youtube) are a snap to upload and why not let their servers take the load instead of ours.  However I agree there is an inherent "archival" weakness with FB and after a year or two it can be very difficult to search out specific items.  Additionally, we tend to add photos to social media spontaneously in the moment.  Over time, a projects documentation becomes scattered within hundreds of other posts and time consuming to search out and collect.  This is why I encourage everyone working on a project to create a project page on SUBDB.INFO so there is one central location that you can point people to for your entire project.  Additionally, with proper documentation (operation, maintenance, emergency manuals) it becomes a repository for responders to understand what type of vessel they are dealing with in the event of an emergency.
Jon