[PSUBS-MAILIST] publicity

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 18 08:49:30 EDT 2020

I ran the numbers again in the calculator and got the same numbers.  If
I change the usage factor to 1.0 then I get 884 feet.  I suppose when
trying to ascertain a theoretical crush depth a usage factor of 1.0
would be acceptable in the calculator.  It's been my understanding that
ABS, Lloyds, etc, look for a safety factor of about 1.5 which would put
the 350 at 525 feet.  That may explain the 600 foot test depth you
mentioned, but even so, my opinion is that's overkill.

Jon