[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor cb/cg and vertical thrusters

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 9 03:37:12 EDT 2020

David,
looking at your design from the top, it is slightly dart shaped, so you
have more area at the back half than front half.
My thoughts are that the back half having more area will have more resistance
as you try & push it up / down through the water.
You could make a small flat cardboard cut out of the plan view of your sub &
push it down in the water with a stick to find the best point along it that causes
it to descend evenly.
But then you may like a slightly nose down or nose up ascent, descent.
I see you have right & left hand props in your diagram; well done!
Alan