[PSUBS-MAILIST] Keith Gordon, diving Niagra

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 23 16:27:43 EDT 2020

 Alan, are there any operating P subs in NZ?Hank
    On Thursday, July 23, 2020, 1:43:31 PM MDT, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Brian, thanks.Although the Orca can dive to 800ft they usually don't dive beyond 300ft.Ingrid is interested in observing them at a couple of sea mounts that theyfrequent to see what they are feeding on. Most of the time in NZ they are spotted moving in & out of harbours feeding.In NZ & nowhere else they have developed a taste for stingray liver, so areheading in to the shallows extracting the livers & throwing the rest away.When they are on the move it would be difficult to anticipate where they wereheading & then put a submersible in their path. I spent some time recentlywith an inflatable in tow trying to intercept a group of 10.Our smaller submersibles would certainly be easier & quicker to get into position than something like a Triton submersible.Alan