[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub transporter buoyancy

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 14 08:21:40 EDT 2020

Brian, you had me nervous about my bucket buoyancy.  I picked up 130  oil pails yesterday for 100 dollars.  I tested one just now to see if it wold collapse and how much weight it could support.  It held up just fine, but these are pretty heavy duty and I only submerged them in a garbage can.  They hold up about 45 lbs.  That makes the Landing Craft \ Sub transporter un-sinkable - as long as the pails stay intact.Hank