[PSUBS-MAILIST] Parker Pressure Regulator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 16 01:15:13 EDT 2019

Thanks Alec, I can see your problem.
The Parker regulator I am using at the moment is the R374-O2C.
This looks pretty similar to Cliff's R364-02BSS/M1 but with an Aluminium
body. I just pulled it apart. You can see the small relieving hole in the
brass centre of the diaphragm in attached photo.
I had a look at the relieving spring at the bottom of the regulator, thinking
I could replace it with a lighter Spring, but it has less power than a ball point pen.
You could cut a bit off it & see if it improves things but I think if you are air
compensating you have a lot of air going out through that small hole on
ascent & that will push the pressure up in the thruster. You could oil
compensate with the same set up & only have a fraction of the air to expel,
but I guess you are considering the environment!
Alan