[PSUBS-MAILIST] Parker Pressure Regulator

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Oct 15 01:13:07 EDT 2019

Cliff & Alec,
I have just been playing around with my Parker miniature regulator.
As Alec noted there is quite a bit of pressure difference between the set
pressure & the relieving pressure. I have been turning the pressure up
to 20psi & then turning it down, & it takes a lot of turns to bring the pressure
down again. Ie. 1 full turn to go to 20psi but 2 full turns to drop pressure
back to zero.
I am using a cheaper Aluminium version for experimentation & bought the
0-125 psi range, which In hindsight was a mistake as I am not getting the
sensitivity I need.
What range did you guys buy. I see you can get 0-25 psi.
I am running my thruster full of silicone oil & just a few inches of air in the feeder
tube from the regulator.
Alan