[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vessel for hire - subs as unique watercraft

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 10 04:42:19 EDT 2019

Brian

Did you build your sub to ABS specs and have the inspector come in all the
time to make sure certain guidelines were followed? If you don't charge for
taking someone down then signing a hold harmless agreement would be a must
at the least but from I understand, if you accept money from the public for
a service like that, then that changes things entirely such as having the
boat built to ABS specs if built in the states or NIPPON if built in Japan
etc.
 A friend of mine refurbished a two place trainer jet that he bought from
Chechnya and it was classed as experimental and he took me up several times
and I paid each time for the ride and I had to sign an in depth hold
harmless agreement and he said that the money I paid had to be called a
donation as the plane was classed experimental. I would do this no matter
where you dove, lake quarry etc.
Rick

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 5:11 AM Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles <