[PSUBS-MAILIST] Air comp battery compartment

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun May 26 09:46:33 EDT 2019

AGMs are hard to compensate because they need 1-6psi internal
pressure to re-absorb their gasses.
I had them in my ambient & used two one way 3psi cracking pressure
valves ( one letting air in, one letting pressure out) to maintain at least
3psi inside their housing.
I also used pure silicone oil to limit the volume of air needed. Cheap
Scented silicone oil caused them to off gas. BTW they lasted for years.
Alan