[PSUBS-MAILIST] Foam preperation

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 28 07:04:10 EDT 2019

 Not my forte, but given the hardness of this product when cured is there really an expectation that it is going to deform in a visually measurable way and spring back into shape from a depth test?  Seems like it's more likely to either structurally fail or not with obvious non-elastic results such as cracks, cavities, etc, hence the weight test to see if it absorbs water.  I'm thinking the dunk test from the sailboat is a good first start.
The cost of this product seems to be on par with trawler floats from a pound to pound buoyancy perspective but it has the advantage of allowing custom shaping.  I'm interested in the results.
Should we invest in a small amount of this product and put it to some more rigorous pressure testing?