[PSUBS-MAILIST] Foam preperation

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 28 01:34:31 EDT 2019

Brian,
That's a different product than what you are using isn't it?
Also they are using prefabricated sheets formed in controlled conditions
that they machined, rather than a 2 part pour method that you are using.
Can you check with your products technical adviser on whether you would
loose strength on a thick pour due to the higher internal temperatures due to
chemical reactions?
Generally with plastic items there is a 4 X safety factor required where human
life is at risk. This wouldn't apply with a ROV.
You might be on to a good thing, but just being anal about safety as usual.
Someone kindly pointed out that Alan was an anagram for anal lol.
Cheers.