[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor Controller Tractor Beam

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jul 19 17:21:22 EDT 2019

Jon,
are you intending to run it wireless?
Have you thought about a 2.4ghz RC transmitter?
There are mounts available for attaching screens to them.
I had my ambient running off a ps2 controller, which has a similar joy stick
configuration to a RC transmitter & it was quite intuitive.
The Vesc motor controller that I keep going on about, comes in various
flavours with some 100 amp controllers available. You can wire a joystick
to them easy enough. Below I have hacked a "servo tester" by wiring the pot on
my joystick to the contacts on it's pot so it is now converting analog to a 2.4ghz
signal to the Vesc.
 I will be doing a lot of testing of my Vescs in August & September in pool & on a boat.
Alan